Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)The best thing about these cookies is that they do work. The first time I used them, I lost 13 lbs in 5 weeks! With no exercise. And that was without following the suggested plan exactly. Instead of eating all 6 cookies + dinner and nothing else, I ate 4 cookies during the day, a sensible dinner (probably around 500 calories, but I wasn't really counting), and had a cereal snack bar with hot chocolate made from skim milk for my evening snack.
I stopped with the diet cookies at Thanksgiving 2009, and ate the holiday junk all through December and January. Now (March), I am back on the cookies. I had gained back 8 of the 13 lbs I had lost, but have now lost 2 lbs in 3 days on the cookies. This time around, I am exercising too, but very carefully, since my caloric intake is so low.
When I started with the cookies, I was very nervous about the taste. I am VERY picky about how things taste, and diet cookies just didn't sound very appealing. They really aren't bad. I mean, don't get me wrong, these aren't Oreos. If they were, I'd eat the whole bag in one meal, which would completely defeat the purpose! But they are edible. I have only been eating the blueberry and the chocolate ones (I don't like bananas or coconut, so I figured a diet cookie with those flavors would be even worse), and they actually taste like blueberries and chocolate. There are actually blueberries in the blueberry ones. The chocolate ones smell kind of funny, a lot like protein. But they taste much better than they smell. In fact, my 3 year-old daughter is always asking to "share Mommy special cookies" because she likes them so much (she gets a little bite off of one every so often).
The cookies are kind of small, but are surprisingly filling. I can eat one cookie every 2 hours, and not be hungry in between. In fact, I can almost set my clock by my hunger pangs. As soon as I feel hungry again, I eat another cookie. The cookies are very dense, so they also take me about 10 minutes each to eat. They are a tad dry, but that probably lends to the desire to drink more water, which I do. In fact, I usually hate water, but when I eat these cookies, I crave it, so I drink probably 8 times more water eating the cookies as I do when I don't eat them, which is an added health (and diet) benefit.
They are also great in that they help me get over my emotional eating habits. These cookies are not "comfort food"; I eat them so that I'm not hungry. Over time, they cut down on my desire to be emotionally fulfilled by food. It actually took me almost one full month to go back to my emotional eating habits when I stopped eating the cookies the last time. Since these cookies are not intended to be a forever diet, this separation of emotions from food is a very good thing. Now that I am aware of it, I will just need to be more careful once I reach my desired weight goal and go off the cookies to make sure I don't allow my old habits to once again take hold.
They are a bit pricey for my liking, but most diet food is. And they last me a while, since I have 2 cookies left over every day.
Overall, I really like them. They get an immediate result, which motivates me to keep going. I am working on getting sick of them, but that's a problem I have with any food I eat a whole lot of (I miss pb&j sandwiches, but I overloaded in 5th grade). I doubt many other people would have that issue.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Dr. Siegal's Cookie Diet Blueberry Cookies (One Week Supply)
Click here for more information about Dr. Siegal's Cookie Diet Blueberry Cookies (One Week Supply)
0 comments:
Post a Comment