Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I am speaking of the APPLE CINNAMON flavor:
If you have tried soy products in the past and hated them, this one is going to change your mind. I also HATE the taste of most soy products, but these have taken the TOP spot in my diet as my truly favorite food.
25 grams of soy protein in one 3.5 ounce bag and only 400 calories and 14g of sugar.
But MOST importantly, they taste great and are a pleasure to eat.
An ideal substitute for tortilla or potato chips, both of which have zero nutritional value.
I should mention that although one bag contains about 900 grams of sodium, I find these chips to taste more sweet than salty. They do make you thirsty, but you oddly do not feel like you are eating any salt at all. A totally different experience than the potato chip.
In this day and age, where almost all processed foods are bad for you, these are a WELCOME exception. My sincere thanks to GENISOY for making such a wonderful product.
UPDATE: DEC 2008:
GENISOY reformulated this product, they now put 10% more ounces total in each bag (3.85 vs the posted 3.5), but you get slightly less soy protein, and about 80% LESS SODIUM. So the entire bag now only contains about 150mg sodium.
To my preference, the original formulation tasted better and I prefer having the extra sodium as the rest of my diet is very low sodium.
But the rebuilt product is still very good, and since it is the only brand I can ever find on sale for $1.40 per 3.5 ounce bag, I'll stick with GENISOY - though I must say the TASTEMORR brand has a better mix of protein and sodium.
As an aside, it would be nice if AMAZON would do a better job of managing their grocery items. Specifically:
1) Too many items are perpetually out of stock
2) More items should be offered in truly BULK quantities at real discounts, such as 1000 cans of tuna fish. 24 cans is NOT a bulk amount.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Genisoy Soy Crisps, Apple Cinnamon Crunch, 3.5-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
Satisfy your sweet tooth with Genisoy's delicious Apple Cinnamon Soy Crisps. Genisoy Soy Crisps the perfect richly seasoned, low-fat baked alternative to traditional high-fat chips. Each serving contains a unique blend of soy and rice, offering 7 grams of soy protein and a low 2 grams of fat.
0 comments:
Post a Comment